cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsmyth492
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Bang and Olufsen Beocom 6000, with PSTN Base on digital voice.

Hi there,

I am a digital voice user. I recently purchased A Beocom 6000 handset, with a PSTN Base. Basically, Bang and Olufsen have a PSTN base, which you can wirelessly connect handsets & chargers too. The base has a 4 pin RJ11 plug coming out of it. For this base to connect to the telephone (digital voice adapter) line and power, you plug the RJ11 jack into a splitter. into this splitter, you connect a power socket and a BT 231A plug.

I did this and the phone partly worked. I was able to dial out without a problem, but I was unable to receive calls. When I rang my telephone number, my digital voice phone downstairs rang briefly but cut off as soon as the call reached my digital voice adapter. (Bear in mind, there is a short delay before the incoming call reaches the digital voice socket.) It showed on my mobile that the call was answered and immediately hung up. I tried plugging a 431A BT Cord from the Digital voice adapter into the splitter I mentioned earlier. This eliminated the problem of the telephone cutting off, but the Beocom phone didn't ring, and it constantly showed on the display 'Line Busy'.

So, I reverted back to the 231A and accepted that the phones were only partly working, but then I ran my own test. I plugged a splitter into my Digital voice adapter and plugged in a regular corded telephone. The phones in the house rang as normal. While the phones were ringing, I plugged the Beocom Base into the splitter, and the phones rang with the other phones. This was the only way the Beocom's would accept an incoming call if they were plugged in as the line was receiving one.

What I am wondering is, am I doing something wrong? If the phones accept a call when they are plugged in while a call is incoming, then surely there must be a setting or something I can fiddle with to get them working normally. 

If anyone has any advice, please share it!

I hope I haven't confused anyone, I hope you understand what I mean.

Many Thanks

Ryan

All the best

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bang and Olufsen Beocom 6000, with PSTN Base on digital voice.

Have you tried simply connecting the base to the phone socket on the back of the hub and see if phones work as expected similar to DV phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
rsmyth492
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bang and Olufsen Beocom 6000, with PSTN Base on digital voice.

Hi there,

I have just seen your message. Personally, I cannot see how this will make a difference. I have read other forums on virgin media etc and lots of people have previously had this problem. Is there a compatibility issue with these particular phones or is there something else I can do?

Regards

0 Ratings