cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Bang and Olufsen Beocom 6000, with PSTN Base on digital voice.

Go to solution

Hi Ryan - you've cracked it again!  I have two ADSL filters with plugs matching your picture.  Tried the first one and messed around with various connections but no go and was about to give up, then thought "I'll try the other filter just in case" and once again you have been proven right and the 2500 has burst into life!

I've cancelled BT Voicemail but at the moment struggling to get the 1200 answerphone working.  Early days!

Thanks a million for your advice.

Jazzer

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Hi jazzer,

that’s no problem. I have to admit, as much as I hate the digital voice system and would love for them to roll out FTTP, but keep the pstn for the odd phone call, DV has taught me more about the old system than ever. About wiring, ringer circatory and everything. Also having bang and olufsen (which have been a pain) have caused me to do research and actually learn a lot about the system. 

I will do some digging for you about the beotalk answerphone and I will get back to you. 

all the best

Ryan

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Ryan,

More on this saga.....

Yesterday, I added the 1200 to the splitter alongside the base station line inserted into the hub and it put the whole B&O 6000 system back to square one.  Outgoing calls only no incoming calls.  Despair!  Then I did a bit of research in relation to BT's DA and deregistered the adapter, rebooted the hub and then registered the adapter again.  The system was restored.  This morning I tried adding the 1200 to the spliter again using a BT socket with a single RJ11 socket and the 1200 worked properly with the rest of the B&O system.  My 2500 is also working in parallel using the DA. 

So, it seems adjustments via the Hub Manager are the solution and I'm going to stop playing around with it all now and hope that there is resilience and that it doesn't fall over again!

I hope that our recent exchanges of info on this subject help other people that encounter similar problems.  Clearly your advice about plugging the B&O kit into the hub is the answer along with trial and error on register / deregister / register and hub reboot.

Thanks once again.

Jazzer

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Ryan,

I also have beocom 6000 handsets with a PTSN base. Until recently, they worked fine, but I am now experiencing the same issue as you and cannot receive calls. I ran the same test and yes, if I plug the base into the phone line while I have another (ancient corded BT phone) ringing, the Beocoms start ringing. Bizarre.

Sadly, plugging my ptsn base directly into the back of the router didn’t solve the problem. (I have a Virgin Media router and have to plug the RJ11 jack straight into the back.)

Do you have any other suggestions?! They would be gratefully received - I love the beocom phones and would hate to have to move to a new, ugly phone! - and thank you so much for sharing your experience.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

@Kiran 

As you are a Virgin Media customer, and this is a BT Retail Customer Forum, it would be best to raise the issue on the Virgin Media Forum, as their phone interface is different.

https://community.virginmedia.com/

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@Kiran 

Hi there, apologies for late reply.

I am not with Virgin Media, and never have been. I think I had NTL from around 2002-2005! Therefore - I am unsure as to what way their hub works in accordance to ringing circuits etc.

Going from experience of my own problems, the ring wire is probably the issue. This was also the problem @Jazzer71 had, but don’t worry, it’s easily fixed.

If you plug an ADSL adapter into your VM Hub, and then plug the Beocom base into the adapter, this should solve the problem,  as this will disable that “ring wire” I was taking about. Make sure it only had two wires on the BT plug (two gold prongs on the top). I will attach images of this in a separate post.

The reason it may have worked with an older phone also plugged in, is because the phone may already cancel the ring wire out. I am unsure. Let me know if this helps. I agree that the beocoms are great phones. The call quality is great and you can really notice the difference, especially when used on PSTN, the quality is fab. Mine are from ‘04 and are still going great, and are much better than any modern phone sold today.

Good luck 

Regards

Ryan

Regards
Ryan

If this reply was helpful, please leave a like, or if I answered your question, please click 'mark as answer. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

E98AF8F9-04E0-4AB2-8DE1-3DFD2680EB38.jpegNotice it only has two wires, make sure your ADSL has this type of plug on the end.

@Kiran 

Regards
Ryan

0 Ratings