cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Call Blocking

Hi there,

I hope someone can help as this has been driving me mad for weeks now.

I have the BT call blocking phone and when it was bought all the numbers of friends and family were added to the contacts list and could get through without the vetting process. However I changed my telephone provider from Sky to BT and since then every call has to go through the vetting process - even  my daughter who is in my contacts, marked as VIP and in the speed dial  list too.

I'm struggling to see how to  change things in the settings so that this stops happening.

We've been through  the  contacts  list to make sure that all friends and family are  on the 'VIP' list but it's not working.

I've set up Caller Display with my new BT account and still no joy.

Do I need to reboot the whole phone system and start again? if so, how?

HELP!

Thank you in advance

Alma

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Call Blocking

@APSQuin 

Please check to see if Caller Display is switched on by entering the
code * # 234 #. If it's active you'll get the message Caller identity will
be displayed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

when you changed from Sky to BT were you moved to digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks Keith,

Apparently it's 'not available' but I did check online and it's set up in the account.

Do you know if I need to do anything to 'activate' it?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

hi Imjolly (great name)

I'm not sure - that doesn't ring any bells.

How would I check if I've been moved to digital voice?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@APSQuin wrote:

How would I check if I've been moved to digital voice?

You would have a BT Smart Hub 2, and your phone would plug into the back of it, and not into your phone socket on the wall.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@APSQuin wrote:

Thanks Keith,

Apparently it's 'not available' but I did check online and it's set up in the account.

Do you know if I need to do anything to 'activate' it?

If your phone plugs into the wall as normal, then its possible there is an issue with the data held in the exchange.

That is quite a common problem where the exchange configuration is lost, and is out of sync with your account.

To fix it, you need to remove the caller display option from MyBT, and progress that order.

Then wait 24 hours and add it again. That will reload the customer profile within 24 hours

Message 8 of 10

The phone isn't plugged into the hub so I'm guessing we're not on digital voice.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Thanks again Keith, I'll give it a go.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@APSQuin wrote:
Thanks again Keith, I'll give it a go.

If it works, then you will get the message to say it active, when you try that code sequence again.

If it still does not activate, then there is likely to be a data integrity issue between your account, and the exchange database, and a moderator will need to investigate.

0 Ratings