cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Call Protect and Fraudulent Computer Generated Calls from Indian numbers

Which part of 'Its not an International call' is it that you don't understand. Its just a spoofed call, the same as any other spoofed call that is virtually impossible to stop. The fact its pretending to be an international call is totally irrelevant.

No other telco is able to stop these calls, why single out BT?

Message 22 of 32

@gg30340wrote:

@GeoffSmithwrote:

@licquoricewrote:

@GeoffSmithwrote:

Well that's three "Distinguished Sages" who miss the point!

"No International calls" means just that.  Turning all +91 calls, spoofed or real, to junk is what the customer expects and BT is failing to do so.

Its you missing the point, it wasn't an International call, ergo it wasn't blocked. It was a spoofed call.

If a customer has set Call Protect to "No International calls" then it's perfectly clear that they don't want any calls purporting to be International, whether real or not.

Are you seriously saying that BT cannot turn all +91 numbered calls, wherever they originate, to junk?

You would appear to have a problem understanding that the number that the call purports to be from has been spoofed and is not a genuine number. I suggest that you read up on spoofed numbers and how computer generated calls differ from genuine calls.

Please answer the question :

Are you seriously saying that BT cannot turn all +91 numbered calls, wherever they originate, to junk?

Message 23 of 32

Yes.

Message 24 of 32

It's not a +91 numbered call, it just apoears to be

Message 25 of 32

@licquoricewrote:

Which part of 'Its not an International call' is it that you don't understand. Its just a spoofed call, the same as any other spoofed call that is virtually impossible to stop. The fact its pretending to be an international call is totally irrelevant.

No other telco is able to stop these calls, why single out BT?

If the call carries a +91 number then it should go to junk, whether it's an actual International call or a spoofed International number - what's so difficult about that?

Message 26 of 32

Circles.png

Message 27 of 32

I give up, you appear to refuse to try and understand anything we are saying.

Message 28 of 32

I have had some of these calls in the last few weeks and decided to look at the instructions for my Panasonic phone which has call blocking.

One method is what they call a range of numbers, which allows you to block calls from a certain area code.

I have now added 0091, as shown on caller display, so will see if this works as I do not get calls from this code every day.

Why cannot BT's call protect have this option?

Message 29 of 32

You can't just junk all calls from +91.... 91 is the international country code of India. By junking all calls, you'd block millions of British residents of which a vast majority of British citizens, from hearing from their families and friends in India

Message 30 of 32

It appears my suggestion has been misinterpreted as I did not say BT should blanket block calls from a given code but that they could have a system whereby "individuals" within their "personal list of blocked numbers" could include an area code should they wish to .