cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 111 of 131

Re: Call Protect blacklist now full...

I agree that some form of call screening is needed ... for my mum I simply pay for the Do Not Disturb part of Call Protect and then block ALL calls 24/7 ... then, only numbers on her VIP List are allowed through. I monitor her calls a few times each day and check if there's a new number for e.g.  doctors/care/pharmacy etc which I don't know about, and then just add that. So far in 2 years, NO nuisance calls have got to ring her phone, and some have been in the very early hours, and a 95 yr old does not want to be woken from her sleep by these scammers!!!

It would be nice if this part of BT Call Protect could be made free for the very elderly now that she will have to pay for her TV now ... I wonder if the council will reduce her care contributions by the annual TV fee??? Hmm....

Rob.

Bowdon
Contributor
Message 112 of 131

I just got this message when trying to add 2 scam Amazon calls today.

So it suggests I delete some numbers. But where do I do that?

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 113 of 131

Hi @Bowdon ,

Here is a link that shoukd take you to Call Protect :-

https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/#/packages?redirect=security

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 114 of 131

@pompey1898wrote:

Hi @Bowdon ,

Here is a link that shoukd take you to Call Protect :-

https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/#/packages?redirect=security

Hi @Bowdon ,

For some unknown reason that link, that has taken one direct to Call Protect for several years, did not work this morning.

However, it does take you security and if you scroll down you will vee Call Protect where you manage things as you require.

0 Ratings
Bowdon
Contributor
Message 115 of 131

Thank you @pompey1898

I managed to find the settings.. its a pity we can't delete a whole year in one go.

I've noticed I've been getting calls that haven't previously been commented on with the site whocalledme. I think thats why the blocklist got filled up.

Do you know if we can listen to the junk voice mail online? Apparently I've got 200+ junk voice mail messages too.
0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 116 of 131

No, you can only listen to them on the phone.  Dial 1572, select option 3

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 117 of 131

Annoying that I can't dial in to my mum's phone 250 miles away which I manage to hear her junk calls in case I have blocked something I should not have!!! I block everything until I know it's a legit number. I think she had 19 calls on day about COVID (as she was in hospital during the shutdown of the W-s-M hospital, and the calls were just after she had been discharged), but they all went to voicemail and I have no way of checking if hey were legit. They were from a local number - I might see one or two from the same number, but not that many! Luckily, she did not catch it in hospital ... and still is plodding on at 95!

Rob.

0 Ratings
COLIN381
Beginner
Message 118 of 131

Hi guys,

After a hell of a long time, I finally managed to solve this issue.

1}   Log into MyBT.

2}   Click on 'Your  products'.

3}   Find 'Landline', and click on 'Manage'.

4}   Find  'BT Call Protect', and click on 'Manage'

5}   Find 'Your Blacklist' and click on 'Manage'.

6}  Click on 'Show all numbers'

7}   On each number, there is a box on the right hand side saying 'More'.  Click on this, then 'Delete', and then 'Yes'.

The most annoying thing about this, is that the oldest blocked numbers are at the bottom, and every time you delete a number, the list returns to the top. I found that if I put the cursor on the extreme lower right of the screen,  then hold down the left mouse button, you would rapidly drop to the bottom of the list.

0 Ratings
COLIN381
Beginner
Message 119 of 131

1}   Log into MyBT.

2}   Click on 'Your  products'.

3}   Find 'Landline', and click on 'Manage'.

4}   Find  'BT Call Protect', and click on 'Manage'

5}   Find 'Your Blacklist' and click on 'Manage'.

6}  Click on 'Show all numbers'

7}   On each number, there is a box on the right hand side saying 'More'.  Click on this, then 'Delete', and then 'Yes'.

The most annoying thing about this, is that the oldest blocked numbers are at the bottom, and every time you delete a number, the list returns to the top. I found that if I put the cursor on the extreme lower right of the screen,  then hold down the left mouse button, you would rapidly drop to the bottom of the list.

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 120 of 131

Why has the total number of calls sent to voicemail been reset? Why are you hiding the true nature/volume of these nuisance calls?

Mine now says 52 calls sent to voicemail ... I know that from my logs, I do it every day, the total calls sent to voicemail, 

from 23rd July 2018 to today is: 1232 !! 

The graph starting in March (i.e. COVID zero) shows a dramatic fall in scam/junk call numbers as the Asian call centres got sick! Graph is weekly calls ... The highest bar in this graph is 15 calls in the week. Rob.

Covid Effect.JPG

0 Ratings