cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 121 of 131

Re: Call Protect blacklist now full...

Not checked it for a while but my junk mail list has dropped from >900 to 12 ?

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 122 of 131

I guess they must have reset the counters then. Good job I keep a daily log of everything which tries to scam my mother. At 95 years of age, she can do without them in the early hours. At least we had 5 weeks of zero calls from them. Just shows where it's all coming from, and the exposure when the guy hacked into their video network was revealing as to how much an organised big money things it is. Not for the poor guys doing the scam, but the guys at the top of the feeding chain creaming off millions of pounds into Indian bank accounts. These are the guys the fraud squads in the other countries should be chasing.  Telecoms companies around the world can do nothing.

Rob.

0 Ratings
RAM333
Beginner
Message 123 of 131

Hi Woodward2,

Mine too. As you point out, the scam calls seem to have unlimited numbers to use, so blocking them is somewhat pointless anyway. I have contacted BT numerous times in the past about these calls but it seems they cannot do anything about them because they eminate from abroad. Although, strangely, at a cost, they  profess to be able to stop them.

Does anyone honestly believe that in the days of technology that enable us to accurately land machines on Mars, we cannot trace where calls come from when outside the UK.

I am now being plagued by these calls again, purporting to be from BT technical department etc etc.

Fact is, BT don’t care a jot about people pretending to be their staff, and trying to get access to your bank details etc. How do they get their info? Is it from BT in the first place? Of course BT could do more to protect their customers…they are only interested in taking their money. Disgraceful!!

0 Ratings
RAM333
Beginner
Message 124 of 131

Hi beginner,

Same here, and in my experience BT are not even faintly interested that people are pretending to be their staff in order to scam people, possibly out of vast amounts of money. Customers plagued with these scam , criminal calls should be given the best protection without added costs.

I’m afraid if they can’t make money out of you, they have no interest in finding out where the calls originate, or trying to stop them.

0 Ratings
RAM333
Beginner
Message 125 of 131

Hi Carefree,

BT listening? What a joke. Not remotely interested that people are being scammed from people pretending to be their staff.

I was told that numbers you block are automatically investigated by BT. In that case I would like to know how many of these calls, presumably from India, have been traced to source , and properly reported and investigated, given that they are criminal acts.

I’m guessing the answer is not one!

0 Ratings
RAM333
Beginner
Message 126 of 131

Andrew 221,

The answer is….total apathy and disinterest, as usual.

0 Ratings
RAM333
Beginner
Message 127 of 131

Andy N,

In my experience TPS has made no difference.

0 Ratings
RAM333
Beginner
Message 128 of 131

Woodwood2

BT security ??  I suggest that be filed under MPs honesty and integrity.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 129 of 131

@RAM333wrote:

Hi beginner,

Same here, and in my experience BT are not even faintly interested that people are pretending to be their staff in order to scam people, possibly out of vast amounts of money. Customers plagued with these scam , criminal calls should be given the best protection without added costs.

I’m afraid if they can’t make money out of you, they have no interest in finding out where the calls originate, or trying to stop them.

You have missed the bit that this is a worldwide problem, not just BT

It seems like you don't know how these scams work.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 130 of 131

@RAM333wrote:

Andy N,

In my experience TPS has made no difference.

Indeed, the TPS doesn't make any difference to scam calls - but does for "proper" businesses. That is fact.

0 Ratings