cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 129

Re: Call Protect - last call number not showing

Hi All,

I have just had a reply from DavidM who says: I have passed the details to the relevant teams previously and have asked for an update and as soon as I hear anything I'll be in touch. I'm really sorry for the continue delay. 

The last three calls I have received have all appeared on CP but that is too few to be meaningful. I guess we can only wait and see if David gets back to us with some indication that BT are actually trying to fix the problem and continue monitoring in the meantime.

Message 102 of 129

Don't hold your breath. DavidM said that to me on 3rd June!😂

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 129

I think you will find that the problem is going to be difficult to solve, owing to the non-standard method that certain providers, send their CLI information, often to prevent systems like Call Protect from intercepting their calls.

The only way to virtually guarantee you do not receive spam calls, it to use a phone that intercepts them at your end.

Message 104 of 129

So how come it's worked fine for years and it's only been the last few months?

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 129

And the numbers always appear on caller display and 1471.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 129

Yes, worked well for years then suddenly rubbish.

It's not always other providers not showing, it can be BT or EE not showing as well.  It's all a bit random, my daughter's number now only shows randomly on Call Protect

Message 107 of 129

One question, for those who have the 'assign to VIP List' function (I don't have this), are your VIP numbers appearing inconsistently as well?

0 Ratings
Message 108 of 129

I don't subscribe to the VIP option either

0 Ratings
Message 109 of 129

So how come it's worked fine for years and it's only been the last few months?

Perhaps Digital Voice is a factor, where some incoming calls are not being detected, however that is now done, when calls are VOIP, where does the incoming number get intercepted, if its encapsulated within data packets coming from multiple sources?

Its easy on PSTN routed calls, as its part of the C7 signalling path.

In the end, I suspect that the feature will be discontinued, and it will be up to the end user to filter incoming calls. Its inexpensive, and 100% effective.

0 Ratings
Message 110 of 129

A lot of the spam\scam calls are VOIP, and have been for some years.  I also get calls from friends on digital voice, so can't see it related to this issue.  Call Protect is very random in appearing from the same number, so can't believe it's just a VoIP or digital voice problem.