Yesterday and today when I've tried to use Call Protect I'm getting a message saying 'Service temporarily unavailable, please try later'. This seems a long time for it to be unavailable; is there a problem with it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
There's a problem with accessing Call Protect from the MY BT app.
It should come back in time, but how long?
You can still access by dialling 1572 for Call Protect services....perhaps not quite as easy to use as viewing listings on a screen.
It looks like 'Bills and Usage' are also unavailable in My BT at the moment. They need to get this sorted, it's been three days now.
I've had that message for at least 10 days in Your Bills / Your Usage and in Your Products I've not been able to adjust voicemail too. The Products do show fine and wi-fi speed test is fine.
Its clearly not a general problem, I can access Call Protect and Bills fine.
You could try if getting a different public IP address helps, disconnect your hub from line for about 15 minutes which should cause a change of IP.
The problem is there even when I'm on 5G or other people's wi-fi.
App's -like the desktop browser- experience has always been a bit poor IME.
The iOS iPad / iPhone and Android MY BT applications are fully functional.
If it were fully functional then there wouldn't be this thread and this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Re-Online-Billing-not-displaying-billing-amp-usage/td-p/2...
There's obviously a problem somewhere and it looks to be browser related. Not sure why the app leaves the app environment but it's asking for problems. I remember the old Screwfix app did that and it was awful.
I tried various things such as clearing cookies, turning off my Norton VPN and also turning off my router to change my IP address, nothing worked. Suspecting it may be browser-related (I'm using Edge) I tried getting into My BT (and Call Protect) through another browser and all worked fine.
So went into Edge - Settings and hit 'Reset Settings' Bingo! My BT now working.
Very strange as I haven't changed anything in Edge recently so no idea why My BT suddenly stopped working. Thanks for all the responses and suggestions, though!