cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Caller Display has never worked. Why?

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

@David100wrote:
Keith, that sounds like an amazingly simple solution. I have just started the process. Thank you very much.
David

There you go ! The customer has to do all the work when the exchange config is lost. It doesn't mirror on front-office systems. Why not ?Quizzical 0.png

Because the exchange config is uploaded from the OMC, and this only happens when there is a change of state. The BT exchanges are very old, and update using a system akin to using a command prompt on your PC. These exchanges are in the process of being closed down, and calls will be routed over IP instead, ie  (BT Digital Voice). It will all just be in software then.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution
Should I repeat the action to discontinue Caller Display and just wait a few more days for the old exchange system to catch up? Or are suggesting that it may never catch up?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @David100 

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with Caller Display.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @David100 ,

I'm glad we were able to get this sorted for you eventually. It turns out to have been a faulty splitter/filter that was the problem in the end.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

After many attempts at local and national level, Caller Display now works. Or, I think so. Eventually a house visit by a locally-based engineer found the problem. It was a faulty splitter box, which he replaced very quickly. He admitted that he had never experienced this fault before. I do feel it should be documented because, if true, the cure could be carried out by the user.

I entered a caveat. While incoming numbers are shown, (only the last viewable digit are left on display), I have yet to see a name from my Phone book. One friend, who is in my Phone book, was unable to ring me as he was blocked by a message saying words to the effect that he needed to be registered. (He is a regular caller and has succeeded in the past). He could only access me via his mobile telephone. Was this situation a consequence of preceding actions? Or was it a result of my phone settings? Well I checked my phone settings and found only withheld numbers are barred, His was not in that category.

As a result of this isolated negative experience, I withhold my total acceptance until I have some known callers call me. Using my own mobile telephone, the home phone accepted that call without a problem. So I hope all is now clear. Certainly we are not receiving unwanted calls, since the equipment was checked and replaced at the local exchange.

I am sorry that my report is so convoluted. But the saga has rolled on for a very long time. At least I have our telephones showing who is calling us, which was the main objective of this exercise.

I would like to place on record the help received from two moderators, who successfully intervened on my behalf. I am very grateful indeed. (You can see their interventions in this thread above)

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
David M, thank you very much for your help. It is difficult to say whether the cure is complete. In theory, it is; but we have had so few landline calls into our number from those people in our phone book, that it is too early to say. If I remain quiet, it will be safe to assume the problem has been solved. My grateful thanks.
David100
0 Ratings