cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Caller Display has never worked. Why?

Go to solution

I have been with BT for decades, if you include previous incarnations. I have a BT4500 telephone which can show Caller Display.  I have checked MyBT and Caller Display is shown as enabled on my account; yet I have never been able to get the service to work. When renewing my BT contract, I have raised this with the caller, and they confirm the service should be available. The line and Broadband works fine. Before I consider buying a newer telephone, please can anyone tell me what else I could check.

Thank you

David

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Caller Display has never worked. Why?

Go to solution

@David100wrote:

I have been with BT for decades, if you include previous incarnations. I have a BT4500 telephone which can show Caller Display.  I have checked MyBT and Caller Display is shown as enabled on my account; yet I have never been able to get the service to work. When renewing my BT contract, I have raised this with the caller, and they confirm the service should be available. The line and Broadband works fine. Before I consider buying a newer telephone, please can anyone tell me what else I could check.

Thank you

David

I had the same problem. Caller Display enabled on my line: never worked from activation. Tried the BT Star Services Codes. Still no go.
I was informed by Sales it was enabled. Maybe I didn't have a CD compatible phone. I've  a compatible DECT phone.
Finally, they agreed to put CD through, again. 15-minutes later, it was working.

If you really can't get a result. Message the Moderators to take your problem up, on your behalf.
Never be afraid to email the BT CEO. He has a whole staff to deal with this sort of thing.
People who work to a computer screens, only have electronic information to quote.
In the real world what they're looking at, can have more than one correct answer. Especially, if you've a problem; electronically unseen.
BE SAFE OUT THERE !BE SAFE OUT THERE !

Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thank you COMPANY-PENSIONER. Your answer is reassuring. But why should a simple, but essential service, be such a fight to work properly? It is not complicated or expensive technology.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

@David100 

That is quite a common problem where the exchange configuration is lost, and is out of sync with your account.

To fix it, you need to remove the caller display option from MyBT, and progress that order.

Then wait 48 hours and add it again. That will reload the customer profile within 24 hours.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @David100,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you haven't been able to get the Caller Display to work.

Please can you try the steps suggested by @Keith_Beddoe and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Keith, that sounds like an amazingly simple solution. I have just started the process. Thank you very much.
David
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Paddy, I am impressed by your intervention and offer to help. Thank you. I have started the process suggested by Keith and will report back.
If it works, as I am sure it will, and if the problem is widespread, how can BT be persuaded to include the solution in their HELP feature? I am sure such a move would save a lot of aggravation and frustration.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@David100wrote:
Keith, that sounds like an amazingly simple solution. I have just started the process. Thank you very much.
David

There you go ! The customer has to do all the work when the exchange config is lost. It doesn't mirror on front-office systems. Why not ?Quizzical 0.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Keith, something very odd is happening. Twice I have unticked the button for caller display; waited 48 hours, signed in to MyBT only to find that it still shows that I have ordered Caller Display, the opposite of my intended actions. On the last occasion, I actually received an email from BT  regretting my decision to switch off Caller Display.

Frankly, it is not the easiest menu to follow. On each attempt my list of security features does not show Caller Display.  It fails to show the options for selection. By accident, I found a way back to the radio buttons for selection/deselection.

Have you any idea why this obscure behaviour is happening? Shall I try the verbal help route; or is there another way I can achieve what I want?

Thank you

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Not sure what is going on with your account, so I have asked a moderator to help.

0 Ratings