Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7

Caller Display only working on 1 phone but not all 3

Go to solution

Hello, I've just joined the Community!

My problem is that occasionally we have sessions when Caller Display on our phones only works on one of our phones, but not all 3.

On the phones it doesn't work on it shows 'no caller info' and nothing else, but on one phone it works every time.

So at the moment when anyone rings, we can't answer the call in the room we are in, and to find out who's calling, have to check the display on the phone in the other room.

This may go on for a few months, and then after a while all three phones start working again.

What could be causing this?

😃

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Caller Display only working on 1 phone but not all 3

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

Who provides your phone service, and which BT branded phones are you using?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

They are all BT Decor 2200 Version 2 phones. We are with BT, we don't have BT Broadband or anything like that 

Hope this helps.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

If they are all connected to the line, then the caller display data burst, which is sent just before the first ring, is likely to be reduced in strength, so that its not strong enough for the phones to decode the information.

Try it with just two phones plugged in, and see if it works. You may find just one phone of the three, which is less sensitive, and cannot register the tone burst.

Many people now use a single base unit, and have digital phones which link back to the base.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

O.K Keith, I will try it with 2 phones plugged in.

One phone is plugged into our junction box socket (Master Socket 5C) the remaining 2 are plugged into their own phone sockets.

After a while they seem to start working again!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

O.K Keith, I will try it with 2 phones plugged in.

One phone is plugged into our junction box socket (Master Socket 5C) the remaining 2 are plugged into their own phone sockets.

After a while they seem to start working again!

Thanks

Any noise on the line will affect the quality of the tone data burst, also if there is a bad connection on one of the sockets. It could be just a bit marginal, which is why it stops working sometimes.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Keith. 👍

0 Ratings