cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TracyRonald
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Caller display has just suddenly stopped working

Can anyone help me regarding caller display?  It just suddenly stopped working just over a week ago.

I have tried reporting the fault via the BT website but it is not very user friendly and I am just going round in circles and have not been able to report the problem.

Per previous posts on this page I have already tried phoning 170701 from my phone which confirms my correct telephone number and dialing *#234# confirms that caller display is active.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Caller display has just suddenly stopped working

Can you plug just your phone Into the main telephone socket and unplug everything else, broadband router, any phones,. If you have any Broadband filters plugged in unplug them as well. 

Try a test call on your mobile. 

Any of those devices plugged in could mask the caller display signal sent from the telephone exchange. 

If it works with all unplugged start connecting each device and see which one causes the problem 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
TracyRonald
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for your response.

I had already tried unplugging eveything etc. but have tried again - no change.

The only thing plugged into the bt line is the phone.  My internet is via a satellite dish.

0 Ratings
shadboja
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

What is the make and model of your Caller Display phone, or is it a separate Caller Display box? If battery powered that is a possible problem, or it may be your phone has a fault, or could be an exchange fault. Might be worth borrowing a known working Caller Display phone from a friend to try (using social distancing!)
0 Ratings