cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Can I turn off my Personal Blocklist?

Go to solution

I have a BT Advanced Digital Phone with Alexa.  It has the facility to add a caller to my Personal Blocklist when answering a call.  The problem I have is that all the buttons on the handset are so close together that it's possible to press the wrong one when answering.  I did this the other day, and inadvertently added one of my friends (who is in my contacts list) to my Personal Blocklist.  I thought that it was not possible to add contacts to this blocklist, but it seems that is not the case.  My friend was surprised to hear a voice saying I didn't want to take the call, and it took me half an hour to work out how to remove them from the list - in the end I had to do it on my PC.  

Given that most nuisance callers seldom use the same number twice, the value of a personal blocklist must be questionable.  On balance I find the risk of inadvertently adding a call I want to receive to my list of blocked callers outweighs the value of having the service.  So my question is:  can I turn off the Personal Blocklist facility on the phone?  I can't find a menu option that does it.  I could unsubscribe from 1572, Call Protect, but I don't know whether that would have the same outcome as the one I want. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I turn off my Personal Blocklist?

Go to solution

Hi @DavidSC Thanks for posting, turning off call protect will switch off call blocking. You can turn it off on the handset menu or via MyBT. The above link explains the features of call protect and how you can manage it.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I turn off my Personal Blocklist?

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply Neil - much appreciated.

0 Ratings