cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can not receive calls

Go to solution

I reported a fault with phone 3weeks ago I can not receive incoming calls but can make calls out 

They have sent 3engineers out and have come to the same conclusion that there is nothing wrong with my phone but bt have switched of or ceased the ability to receive calls I don't know the technical term for it but mark the engineer who came out twice can't understand why it can't be switch back on again when he has already told them a week ago what the fault was 

I am really frustrated as my phone is my life line to the outside I don't go out because I have to look after my wife who has dementia 

I get the run around from bt with a different agent who promises to sort it but I have been waiting since 11th June to get it sorted please help me who do I speak to to get it sorted 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can not receive calls

Go to solution

As you have had engineer visits and still not fixed I have asked themodsto see if they can help. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Have you recently changed line providers and moved to BT? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
No have been with bt for years
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Is your phone plugged into the broadband router ( digital voice ) or in  a regular phone socket ( and preferably in the master socket test port ) ?

If it’s a conventional ‘PSTN’ line and not digital voice , what does a caller to your number hear ?, is it ringtone , busy  tone , nu ( number unobtainable )  tone or something else…if you need to ask someone to try this to find out the answer ,  if possible , do it from another landline phone rather than a mobile phone , and preferably from another landline that is also with BT, also is your dialtone ‘normal’ and not interrupted or modulated , if it is , have you ever set up call divert ?

If the caller hears ‘ringtone’ try picking up your landline phone while the caller is listening to ringtone, does the call connect and you can have a conversation ?, if it does then the problem is the line card in the exchange not sending out ringing current to make your phone ‘ring’ …it’s not Openreach that are responsible, but they need to advise the BT exchange engineering staff to either change your line card or move your connection to another line card position, some newer Openreach staff may not be familiar with this problem, so you may have to explain to them, or show this to them.

if it’s something other than this , post more detail

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @KeithFridlington80 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I am sorry that you're having problems receiving calls on your line.  I appreciate the amount of time you have already spent trying to get this sorted out.

Due to the time this has been going on and you're no further forward, we'll step in to lend a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @KeithFridlington80  thanks for your PM after the engineer visit this morning and it was great to hear that he resolved the fault at the exchange and you can now get your calls.

Cheers 

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thankyou for your help

After getting in touch with this forum the problem was sorted within a few days 

Karen read 

Keith Fridlington 

0 Ratings