cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Can't add number to Call Protect VIP list

I've added a new number, and need to add another 10 - everytime I try it says "something went wrong and we can't access your account. Try again later" -  

Any ideas please?

Rob.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't add number to Call Protect VIP list

Hi @RobFletcher

Some users have reported logging out, clearing the cache or even trying an alternative browser and see if that helps. If not pop back

0 Ratings
RobFletcher
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Clearing cache and using Chrome instead still failed.

Waiting a few hours was the answer. And, when it failed again, wait ...

Using the VIP list is much better than BT Call Protect - where you have to receive a scam call first before you can block it.

I would recommend this route to avoiding scam calls permanently especially if you happen to manage your elderly parents' phone for them. I live 250 miles away, but manage it all via POA.

I also had 1471 ringback disabled on the line too - this stopped my mum calling the scammers back - usually didn't work coz they are spoof numbers anyway - but some did get through to a scammer - that was worrying at the time.

Regards

Rob.

0 Ratings
MH9591
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I have solved this problem I think - if you add a name to the VIP number, which is an optional but obviously useful feature, then the name needs to be no more than 19 characters long (possibly 20). Annoyingly it lets you type a name longer than 19 characters but then gives you the error message. Even more annoyingly the message doesn't tell you what the problem is, and just to complete a trio of annoying features, the error message appears right at the top of the page, out of sight unless you scroll up, so you are left wondering what went wrong. 

0 Ratings