cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can't register Panasonic DECT handset with Smart Hub 2 base

I was migrated to Digital Voice yesterday.

Previously had twin Panasonic KX TG8120E DECT cordless phones plus a fixed phone for emergencies connected to extension sockets.

I got the Advanced Digital Voice handset before the switch and this is now working connected to the SH2.

I was hoping to be able to use one of the Panasonic handsets as a second cordless handset. I de-registered it from the Panasonic base and followed instructions to register it to the SH2. That seemed to work and logging into the SH2  shows it listed as a registered handset, but the handset itself doesn't connect and shows no registered base.
Looks like the SH2 thinks the registration succeeded but the handset doesn't.

Any ideas?

I suppose if I want 2 working handsets I could change back to using the Panasonic DECT base, but I was hoping to be able to use the better Digital Voice integration of the BT handset.

Thanks,

Rob

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't register Panasonic DECT handset with Smart Hub 2 base

Message 3 of 5

Have you considered connecting your wired extension network to back of Smarthub?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@goodlife77       I successfully registered two pairs of DECT phones to the Smart Hub 2:  one set Panasonic, Model No KX-TG7302E, the other BT Freestyle, both a few years old.   The Panasonic user manual specifies DECT and GAP standards.   Both sets were able to make and receive calls.  The BT set did not ring on an incoming call.  The Panasonic did ring, but the ringer sounded continuously, not in bursts.   Both sets work normally when base units are connected to the phone port on the Hub, so they can be assumed not to be faulty.    It appears that DECT cordless phones are compatible, but some more so than others  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_enhanced_cordless_telecommunications   and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_access_profile ).

Not all the functions of the Digital Voice handsets will be available on the other handsets if they are registered to the Hub.   However, one advantage of having existing handsets registered to the Hub is that they will work during a power cut if you have back-up power for the Hub.  

Message 5 of 5

I'm going to try and add my Panasonic DECT phones to the Smart Hub 2. 

Found the way of deregistering them from the Pana Base Station (Menu, #, 131), so then I can regsiter with another.

Will be interesting to see what functions work and dont. 

Noticed me BT Essential Phone had a firmware update the other day - to "V3.0_BT_025". Havent noticed any differences though. 

Its encouraging there are DECT / GAP standards. One of my friends has a AVM Fritz!box 7530 from Zen which has a DECT base station embedded within, and enables a wide variety of DECT phones to connect. AVM also have an App for a smartphone which also delivers the SIP based phone phone to the mobile. Sounds neat. 

0 Ratings