cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Cancelled all but mobile yet have a new landline contract?

I have cancelled all by BT services apart from mobile phone as contract doesn’t end until November this year, BT have however renewed my landline service from the cancellation date and issued a new 12 month contract despite me switching to another provider and are charging me for this but I don’t want or need it, why????

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancelled all but mobile yet have a new landline contract?

you need to phone CS 03301234150 and they should be able to help and cancel landline if not required

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancelled all but mobile yet have a new landline contract?

@MrBump007wrote:

BT have however renewed my landline service from the cancellation date and issued a new 12 month contract despite me switching to another provider and are charging me for this but I don’t want or need it, why????

I've seen this before because the gaining provider (your new broadband company) raised the takeover incorrectly, when you placed your order you would of received an email from BT stating your services are changing, it will confirm that only your broadband is being ceased, leaving your phone service active.

If so then you either need to cancel the PSTN (phone service) with 30 days notice, this will leave you with no phone service
or speak with your new provider, ask them to raise a proper number port, so you retain your old number and that closes your BT phone service.

0 Ratings