cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cant get full fibre, bt is cancelling the order

Recently, Openreach operated on my road and I can now purchase fttp. However, after ordering a 300mbps package, It was cancelled merely days later and it stated it had been cancelled by my current provider. I spoke to BT on the phone and was told I cannot have a phone line and a full fibre line over head. My phones are with BT so I am not sure exactly where to go from here. I need my phone line so I cannot remove it. Sorry if I was vague, I can answer any questions.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cant get full fibre, bt is cancelling the order

Just discovered digital line, is it possible to get digital and then get a fttp from a provider from talk talk for example?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

A digital phone has no bearing on FTTP as it can be supplied over copper.

Use the postcode checker here and post the result. https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I understand that it goes through different cables, however I cannot have a copper line and a fttp line, bt stated. I believe they change it for digital 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Napoleon 

If you order full fibre from BT, your phone line will appear on a socket, on the back of the BT Smart Hub 2, and that is where you plug your phone into. It called BT Digital Voice.

The phone calls are carried over your fibre connection. The cost is the same as it is with a copper line. Not all providers offer a phone service any more.

There are no more copper phone lines, from any provider now, as the PSTN network is closing down.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

TBH , it’s not clear at all what you currently have , what it is that you  want , and what you have previously ordered that was cancelled , and who cancelled it , some of the details ( apparently supplied by BT ) seem nonsensical , or equally likely, you have misunderstood what was said ….so , what do you you currently have and with whom ( broadband, ‘landline’ telephone etc )  ….what do you ultimately want , combined telephony and broadband from the same provider BT  , separate broadband from BT and telephone from a different provider, BT telephone and broadband from someone other than BT over Openreach’s FTTP,

whatever you requirements actually are, you need to provide much more information , to be offered any constructive advice.

0 Ratings