cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Change to digital

Go to solution

My neighbour has just been changed to digital, the instructions say she can order an adapter and the helpdesk advised a battery back up pack can be ordered. Our area has dodgy broadband as we are at the end of the line, neither of the above will be a back up. We also have hardly any mobile coverage so the land line is essential. Is there an adapter which can boost the mobile reception? Otherwise we are cut off from the world.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Change to digital

Go to solution

@IsobelPovey 

If you are on normal broadband and not fibre broadband, then you would not be offered digital voice at the moment.

What speed is your broadband connection?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If you have dodgy broadband, you would also have had a dodgy landline so nothing really has changed.

Being at 'the end of the line' isn't a cause for dodgy broadband although distance from exchange for ADSL broadband and from the green cabinet for VDSL (fibre) broadband will determine the speed of the connection.

If you are experiencing problems with your broadband, you need to report the fault and get it fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there thanks for the reply. Strangely we never had a problem with the  landline. But it is a distance to the exchange. BT do recognise the issue. Did I guess right that the optional boosters are just for power? Do BT do a booster for mobile phones, I've seen one with virgin I think, not sure how it works. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Its super fast I think, I was trialling it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@IsobelPovey wrote:

Its super fast I think, I was trialling it.

If you do a speed test, what speed do you get?

https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

40.39 and 6.76

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@IsobelPovey wrote:

40.39 and 6.76

Then you should have no problems with BT Digital Voice.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you

0 Ratings