cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changing telephone access point

I appreciate this might not be the right form but perhaps you can help

Ok, I’m 74 and getting a bit on the stiff side. My telephone is in the front hall and I live a good distance from it, and to be honest the phone doesn’t work great, I can hardly hear what others are saying so I’d like to shift it into where I spend most of my days. I also get my internet via BT.

I’ve been trying to find an email address as I can’t sit on the stairs until an operative becomes.  What is their email for issues like this

Many thanks

Kevin 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing telephone access point

there is no email address for CS just phone 150

if all you want is to move your phone socket then why not look in your local paper for a telecom person probably ex openreach and probably cheaper than the cost of openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Alternatively you could spend the money on a cordless phone system.  With these you just plug the base unit into your main phone socket and connect it to a mains socket.  You can then site the other phone(s), (you can have as many or few as you want), wherever you like.  This completely solves your problem and they work very well.

Have a read here -

https://uk.bestreviews.guide/cordless-phones-for-seniors

and here -

https://shop.bt.com/category/electronics,telephony,telephones/11206-45260000

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @kah22,

Thank you for posting. The quickest and cheapest option would be to look at getting a cordless phone as suggested by @Earthling.

If you did want the socket moved BT would be able to arrange this for you. If you would like me to give you a hand arranging a socket me, please drop me a reply.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings