cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill66
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Charged for fitting NTE5 master box

My line developed a no line fault which resulted in the BT engineer changing the main connection box from a single outlet to an NTE5 box and I was charged £130 for the work as the master socket was in my house. Once the socket was changed the connection point was serviceable.  Is it not BT's responsibility to provide a serviceable connection point in a dwelling so as a consumer we can connect to it and use their rented services?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Charged for fitting NTE5 master box

It would depend on what the engineer reported as being the cause of the faulty socket. - If it was damaged or had damp or corrosion inside which was the fault then that could be put down to the homeowner and be chargeable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Bill66
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

it was changed because it had an old single point connection that had devloped a no line fault.  the no line was was up to and including the box which i understand to be BTs remit to provide a serviceable connection into the home.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

this may help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/c/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.