cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Charged for unknown landline calls - don't have a landline phone, my landline doesn't even work!

Go to solution

Surely the numbers shown on your itemised bill is identifiable? I have never seen a non genuine number on any bill I manage.

What version home hub do you have?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Re: Charged for unknown landline calls - don't have a landline phone, my landline doesn't even work!

Go to solution

Sorry for misleading you. They're real numbers which I don't know. Some of them were services numbers that are not on Google... But anyway the fact is that it isn't me who made those calls.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

So you don't recognise any of the numbers? 'service numbers'?

If nobody dialed the numbers in your home then no reason they can't be posted here.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

It would be helpful to know what happens when you call your number from another phone.  I'm surprised you have not done it.

Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks. Maybe I've been worrying about this too much as a newcomer here in the UK. Anyway, the moderater helped me with outbound call barring service, so I expect this solved very soon. Many thanks everyone!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Outbound call barring won't help if you have a crossed line. You need to identify if your line is your number by calling it. No idea why you seem so reluctant to perform such a basic test.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

I agree with @licquorice , by performing the most basic check of ringing your own number could solve this problem once and for all a while back. Good luck with sorting it, I'm out of here. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Outbound call barring won't help if you have a crossed line. You need to identify if your line is your number by calling it. No idea why you seem so reluctant to perform such a basic test.

If there is OCB on the number that is making the calls, then that will stop the calls. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

It will stop the calls but it won't solve the problem, it will just mask it and prevent another customer making what they regard as legitimate calls etc etc.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

@sisuv presumably you or someone you know has a mobile and could ring your number and tell you what happens: someone might answer or, more likely, you might get a message that this number is not in use. Information is the only way in which problems can be analysed and solved - without it, this is a pointless quest.