cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Charges for calls not made

Hi, 

I have recently noticed that I am being charged for calls that I am not making. I have not called bt yet to discuss this , I wanted to see if this was happening to anyone else. I am dismayed to see how many people have had this problem and am not looking forward to the conversation that I need to have with bt. I have checked by calling the 17070 to see what tel no is read back to me, unfortunately it appears to be mine. So how is this possible???

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Charges for calls not made

Is there a pattern to the calls and is it one number or several called ?
Sometimes it turns out to be alarm companies that have a daily dial home function, it can also be a fault with a crossed line, it could even be kids in the house, contact BT and ask them to investigate.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thanks for replying . No pattern that I can see, we are both working full time so not in during the day. Have one 9yr old who has never used a landline phone in her life. She is at school the rest of the time . I don’t have an alarm . These calls are all 0333 / 0300 or similar. I tried to see who these no’s belonged to, I could only find the details for one no. I had never heard of them or needed their service. The other no’s only had info saying negative feedback and that a lot of people had also searched this no, but didn’t say who they were . There truly is no explanation that I can find. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Anything else connected to the line, like Sky box?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Yes  we have sky ? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@Garton4500 wrote:

Yes  we have sky ? 

Then its quite possible that is making the call to authenticate your Sky box. They also use it to allow responses to promotions and marketing.

You could try disconnecting the Sky box from your phone line, and see if the calls stop.

See https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Connecting-to-phone-line/td-p/3355014

You may like to take this up on the Sky forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Can I just turn it off or do I need to disconnect. And if this was the case would sky take me seriously and own up to it. Why would this have only started in the last couple of months ? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I would simply disconnect the Sky box from the phone line, and see if the calls stop.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Will do , thank you 

0 Ratings