cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Colour of display on Advanced Digital Home Phone

The display on my handset is either yellow or black background with white text.  Following the instructions (menu, phone settings, display), I have gone to change the display colour and options are ‘pastel’ or ‘high contrast’.  Pastel is the yellow colour.  It’s like a yellow highlighter colour, sometimes looks yellowy-green.
Isn’t it supposed to be blue?  
I called BT and they verified yes it should be blue and sent me a new handset which is the same. 
I sent a photo to my Sister to check if I haven’t gone colour blind! (I haven’t).
Any one else experienced this?  Many thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Colour of display on Advanced Digital Home Phone

have you tried going to settings then accessibility then vision and I think that allows you to change display

Vision settings
Changing text size
1 Select Vision and scroll to
Large text.
2 Press the right or left navigation
button to select On or Off, then
press Save.
Changing the colour scheme
1 Select Vision and scroll to
Colour scheme.
2 Press the right or left navigation
button to choose a scheme, then
press Save.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for this suggestion, yes I have tried that, through 'Accessibility' 'Vision' the colour choices are also pastel (yellow or yellowy-green' and white on black background.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Also... when I get an incoming call the screen lights up a dull lime green colour. If I use Alexa it is black background/white typeset.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

just checked my advanced DV phone and display option normal/pastel/high contrast.

normal is a purple and can be varied to light or dark

pastel is a yellow colour which can be light or dark using contrast

high contrast is black with white lettering

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 11

That is very helpful thank you. My handsets definitely do not have a ‘normal’ colour scheme option, only ‘high contrast’ or ‘pastel’. I’ve passed your info to the tech team via Twitter (who have this morning said that what I see are the only options and the colour scheme used in Marketing is out of date, I’m not sure if this is true or whether my handsets/software is incomplete/defective).
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I wonder if we are talking about the same phone  I have the advanced phone with Alexa and is used for digital voice.  it sounds like you have a phone of similar name but not digital voice

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

I think it is the same phone.  Mine is the 'Alexa Digital Home Phone' with Alexa built-in.  On the box is Advanced Digital Home Phone-Alexa (Type A).  Item 101806.  S/N +101806+2304574110.

Even though I have selected the colour scheme 'high contrast' which shows as black background/white font, it still glows a dull lime green when I get an incoming call.  

Still waiting for the tech team to come back to me on Twitter, yesterday they said they would investigate further.  

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@helen12 Have you had any solutions, as we also have this problem.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hello, I spoke to BT via Twitter who investigated and couldn’t figure out why, they said it should be blue.
They sent a new handset, it was the same!
I am now sending all three handsets back and going back to my old Panasonic phone which I’ll plug into the back of the router.  I actually prefer the quality/feel of it and it needs charging less frequently. 
Good luck!  

0 Ratings