cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 46

Re: Confusion: Digital Voice and Old Phones

Sorry Keith I found your answer in another thread. The answer is you do not know and you think BT will not tell. You are probably right but it not a responsible way for them to behave.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 46

@Confused52 wrote:

Sorry Keith I found your answer in another thread. The answer is you do not know and you think BT will not tell. You are probably right but it not a responsible way for them to behave.

@Confused52 

I am not connected to BT any more, as I retired in 2009, after nearly 42 years,.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 46

Hi  Now on Digital Voice and today followed the instructions in relation to disconnecting wires from A and B and connecting socket to hub.    Downstairs phone works in and out from its original socket but can only get in on my master socket and no out.   My wiring is configured as follows:

Master socket in loft   (outreach master socket 5c)  - loft is walk in so easy access

One extension goes to my office on same floor   (contains modem)  - I have connected the modem to this socket by appropriate cable.

One extension goes to downstairs main phone socket.   This one works in and out

My alarm communicator which rings my mobile on activation is plugged into master socket.   only socket to which I can connect alarm telephone cable.   Have tried normal phone and will not dial out.  One gets dialling tone but does not ring dialled number.

The master socket will receive in but will not take out.

Can anyone advise please.

Many thanks Malcolm

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 46

This person had similar issues.

I am not technical but this information might allow someone to help.

I believe they were on fibre so might be different to line based internet.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 46

But whichever other provider you choose will still run over BT's Openreach network.

All analogue lines will cease as the digital system roll out progresses towards the final date of Dec 2025. You will have no say when your line is changed - it will happen at the same time as if you had stayed with BT, but you won't get such good free equipment! 

Message 46 of 46

Hi, your old phones will still work but you will need an adapter to plug them into your existing phone sockets. If you have a phone hub, the BT hub works as the hub. You can get phones that will connect (no wires) to the hub so you can upgrade to them too if you want to.

0 Ratings