cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Connecting Digital Voice adapter without using WPS

I have an adapter to connect my DECT phone when my connection transitions over to digital voice, but I won't be using this with the Smart Hub because I have my own networking equipment. Is there any way to connect the adapter to my wifi without using WPS?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Connecting Digital Voice adapter without using WPS

digital voice from BT will only work with SH2  unless you have your own VOIP provider

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

@glitchcrab 

No, the adapter connects using DECT not Wi-Fi, back to the smart hub 2.

Message 4 of 21

well that's a non-starter for me. is it possible to use the smart hub in bridge mode? i could connect it as a client of my main firewall.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Digital voice doesn't use wifi, the WPS button is a dual purpose button on the the SH2

Message 6 of 21

@glitchcrab wrote:
well that's a non-starter for me. is it possible to use the smart hub in bridge mode? i could connect it as a client of my main firewall.

No

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

If you wish to use a third party router, you will need to use a third party VOIP provider instead of BT's Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

The smart hub is the only device configured to communicate with the BT Digital Voice network. Its done that way by design, to ensure a secure connection.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

sure, i get that - the problem is more that I cannot use the SH2 as a client of my current firewall.
Message 10 of 21

@glitchcrab wrote:
sure, i get that - the problem is more that I cannot use the SH2 as a client of my current firewall.

Because the SH2 needs a direct connection to the broadband path back to the exchange, as the DV service is carried over the BT Wholesale IP network.