cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Connecting a Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution

Been told I am being migrated to digital voice, so selected a digital voice adapter to connect my existng phones to.

Now trying to connect it to my smart hub 2 using WPS, with absolutely no joy. Push WPS button on hub, push WPS on adapter for 6 seconds so it starts blinking fast to enable a pairing, and everything continues to blink but no 'steady' connected light being shown.

Does digital voice need to be actually active to connect the adapter to the hub, as I thought it was purely a wifi connection between two bits of kit?

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Connecting a Digital Voice Adapter

Go to solution

It is not WiFi, it is DECT, the WPS button has dual functionality.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

digital voice is using dect not wifi for connection

this post may help you get your old phone connected

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Ok, but either way will the adapter connect or does it have to be set up only once digital voice is activated?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

if your phone number is greyed out in hub manager then not active and hub will not be a base station until number is there and purple

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry to be stupid, but does this mean I have to wait for BT to activate my digital voice service before the phone section in hub manager is no longer greyed out, meaning I can then register my adapter? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

You need DV activated and the phone number to go from grey to blue to get dect working

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

In answer to @MikeH16  

Yes. Ours was activated on Monday, and I had an automated email stating 'I was good to go' - at 6 in the morning.

Any attempt to pair the adaptor to the hub prior to this was fruitless. Following the email - paired no problems and all is working.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you so much for that. The BT help desk did not know what you have now told me. I am going digital voice tomorrow. What waste of time eh!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

No probs. Personally don't like it - something else to go wrong and fails if you have a power cut or internet fail. Already complained once and was told to expect teething problems as still in infancy.  If its still prone to teething problems it shouldn't be pushed to people.