cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Connecting multiple analogue phones through one adapter

I have been notified by BT that my phone will shortly be converted to Digital Voice.

I have several analogue phones - all connected through to one socket in my hall way...my main phone physically connects to this socket.

I have acquired an adapter and have received and installed the smarthub 2....so all ready for the switchover.

When the time comes, if I simply insert a splitter into that socket, and then connect both the adapter and my hall phone to the splitter....logic tells me that all of my analogue phones will then work through my one adapter....but is this too good to be true?

There must be lots of people with this same network of analogue phones that would love this to be the case.

Does anyone know if an actual BT technician looks at these questions? It seems almost impossible to ask BT this question directly?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connecting multiple analogue phones through one adapter

The DV adapter connects to the SH2 by DECT not WiFi. So you can pair adapter to hub and plug into power socket where existing phone is located and then just connect phone to adapter. There are other options mention in Numerous posts using search.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Correct-way-to-enable-all-BT-sockets-after-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Why would you want to keep using multiple analogue phones when you will be supplied with 2 digital phone handsets that are cordless?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I have not seen any reference to multiple free handsets....the choice I was offered was either an adapter or an handset and the adapter seemed a safe start to getting connected and from what I know of the old wiring, I am quite hopeful that I can get all three handsets to work off one adapter....and hopefully two 'ringers".

I am 75 years old and my hearing isn't great....I am not optimistic that digital sound will improve that....if Digital TV is anything to go by.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You should have been offered either one advanced or 2 basic handsets. I haven't got Digital Voice yet, but from posts on this forum, the sound quality is better than analogue phones.

The sound quality of TV's has absolutely nothing to do with it being digital, it is because of the poor speakers on modern televisions.

PS I have a TV connector that plays the TV sound directly to my hearing aids, works really well and volume is set independently of TV volume.

1632921142483.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi

What is the TV connecter...I have tried bluetooth and wifi devices...but with a device that connects to the digital audio out, I have trouble syncing the voice with the picture.

I also have a device that connect a little box to the TV audio and then uses wifi direct to communicate with a partner device that then has a loop connected into it...all a bit messy.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

0 Ratings