cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Continuing landline problem

Go to solution

I've posted on this previously, the problem is ongoing and I'd appreciate suggestions on what might be happening, please. My cordless landline phone has been disconnected from the phone line and power for 48 hours now. The handset is flashing for a split second at intervals between approximately 30 seconds, and three minutes. Two of us have been monitoring this with the stopwatches on our phones for over an hour.

The other two handsets are packed away in a drawer, not in use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Continuing landline problem

Go to solution

What is the make and model of the phone? Do you have a dial tone on your line? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for replying

The phone is a BT8600 Trio, with answerphone. The other two handsets aren't connected. The line is working fine, I have an ancient corded set plugged into it, that's working ok too. I did disconnect that when we watched the flash timings earlier, just in case that had anything to do with it.

Figural

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

My guess is that the handset, which has its own power source, is trying to tell you that it cannot find the base station

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

How long might it take for the batteries to run down? I'd need to check this when the batteries are flat. The phone manual says the batteries can be removed but they can't; the instructions are wrong, there's no way in.

Thank you for replying.

Figural

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

this was a previous post and they managed to remove batteries

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/BT8600-Cordless-Phone/td-p/2034449

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@Fiiguralwrote:

The phone manual says the batteries can be removed but they can't; the instructions are wrong, there's no way in.

Hi @Fiigural   There is a video here plus I am sure others if you search YouTube. https://youtu.be/WOl4SOBlFbI

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Fiigural 

If it's a fixed battery then it could be that the handset is trying to tell you that the battery needs charging, if so then charging it up a little should stop it flashing

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for that! I've just managed to get the battery compartment open. The manual was misleading, saying that it only took finger power :-(. Powerful but very narrow fingers seem to be needed, neither of us have those.

A narrow-bladed table knife did the trick without doing any damage. So the batteries are out and we'll be phone-watching for a while. More later.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Still not certain what you are trying to prove 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.