cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

DECT Phones Can No Longer Send Text Messages

Go to solution

Back in August I realised that I could no longer send text messages over the PSTN using my DECT phone, which is a Gigaset phone. Initially I thought this was down to the phone, however, I have also tried this with a relatives BT 8500, which has the same capability and again have been unable to send texts. This was a useful feature as I had it set up to send a text to my mobile phone if my landline was rung and not answered. Given that I have the same issue on two different makes of phone is there a network issue, or has BT withdrawn this service without notification.

Please note that I can still receive texts sent to my landline, but I can't send them.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: DECT Phones Can No Longer Send Text Messages

Go to solution

Hi, @Dilbert01 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, it hasn't been withdrawn from the PSTN network.

Can you try texting 'register' to 00000 and let me know if that helps? This will test the service. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I have sent the text. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

And I've got a message back "Error FD"

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Dilbert01, thanks for trying that and sorry it didn't work. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Dilbert01, thanks for your PM. I just wanted to check that you've got the text service working ok now after resetting the service centre reference?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Yes it is now working. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Dilbert01, thanks for the update, and great to hear you got it fixed 🙂