cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 7 of 11

DIGITAL VOICE MIGRATION - THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR SOME TIME NOW

Go to solution

Hi Folks.

New here and just in receipt of a letter  advising of future Digital Voice Migration.

Can I ask on thoughts & problems encountered during the past few months/year?

Looking at other posts there seems to have been myriads of issues but I am hoping that these may have been rectified?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11

Re: Digital Voice Change over

Go to solution

Having just received the above mentioned letter and like everyone else am a bit confused. 

Because of a disabled wife we have cordless phones in 4 rooms of the house of which one is the 'master' currently connected to the copper landline with answer phone plus True Call nuisance call protection.

All 4 are  the same model,  BT Premium Phones.

Am I right in saying that if I get the adapter then I can continue to use these rather than purchase, above and beyond , the 'free' (Have to pay postage - cheeky gits!) one?

Have read through all posts I can find on the subject and do find it a bit confusing and I am a fairly tech savvy 67 year old!!

Any advice appreciated folks/folkesses.

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 11

Go to solution

@Caulkhead53 

You just need to plug your existing base station unit, into the phone socket on the BT Smart hub 2, instead of plugging it into your master socket.

There is no need for any adapters.

Capture.JPG

Its the green socket.

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks for that. So we are being sold a bit of a pup in some sense.

Our only issue is that our SH2 is in a different room from phone socket and about 1.9m off the ground!

I guess that is not an issue for me (1.94m) but not so the wife! (1.42m)

I have ordered a DV Phone but when it arrives I'll return it straight away.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@Caulkhead53 

You can ask for a DV adapter if you wish, that allows you to plug your phone into the other room.

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/phones/digital-voice/digital-voice-adapter

That would save moving the phone, and would be a better option.

It links back to the SH2 using DECT.

You can still use the BT supplied phone as well if you want to keep it.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks again.

I think it was the issue of (as I see it) that you could (only) plug a corded phone into the adapter, not a cordless one, or am I being a bit dim on this ?(very simplistic image)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

You can plug in any phone, apart from perhaps one of the very old phones with a mechanical bell.

It has to use tone dialling, but most phone use that anyway.

Just plug the base station into that socket, once the service has been activated.

Message 8 of 11

Re: DIGITAL VOICE MIGRATION - THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR SOME TIME NOW

Go to solution

Although, somehow, I marked this as problem solved  I am still interested in others views so please post away.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

@Caulkhead53wrote:

Our only issue is that our SH2 is in a different room from phone socket and about 1.9m off the ground!I guess that is not an issue for me (1.94m) but not so the wife! (1.42m)

Hi @Caulkhead53   Your BT Premium Phone Base Station (I have the same) has a long connection lead so plug it into the SH2 and place the phone (and base station) at normal height.

Message 10 of 11

Re: DIGITAL VOICE MIGRATION - THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ON IT FOR SOME TIME NOW

Go to solution

Making calls within the London area,if  I dial a London area number of someone in my directory (i.e. actually dial the number rather than use the directory entry) I can omit the 020 prefix, but if dialling some other London number I get a message telling me I need to use the full number with 020.

0 Ratings