cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: DV - Area with poor mobile

Rang 150 and eventually got through to the DV Helpdesk - they are not on the menu system so you have to pick an option where you can speak to a human being.  They can put you through to the DV helpdesk...  Anywho they said they'd post out the UPS and a mobile signal booster.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Please update if/when you receive the UPS.

did you actually check to see if other mobile providers gave a better signal in your area?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

The mobile signal booster is no longer available, as the service was ceased.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

No - as why should I change my network contract to compensate for a different suppliers issue?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

I'll ley everyone know what is delivered as apparently that is what was shipped!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

I think i got the final parcel today.

to date BT have shipped:

2 Essential DV phones - as requested RESULT

1 Panorama antennas - Ultra-wideband MiMo antenna!  Not at all sure what the MIMO antenna is for.  It has two gold SMA connectors and my SH2 has nowhere to attach them to...

My concern was poor mobile phone signal and hence I was expecting the SH2 UPS. 

I'll give 150 another go and remember to ask for DV Helpdesk. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Perhaps the aerials are for the 4G Hybrid Connect device, if you have one of those as part of your package?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Hi ah ok. I don't have one of those. My concern is that when we switch over to DV and there's a power cut as our phone mobile signal is often is poor we'll loose ability to make calls. the mobile signal is so poor we rely on wifi calling when at home! BT's recommended approach is to provide a battery backup for the SH2 so that it continues to work in a power cut. Just hoping to get BT to do what their policy is!!
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

@ohforgawdsake2wrote:
No - as why should I change my network contract to compensate for a different suppliers issue?

Unless you're tied into a contract, why wouldn't you if better coverage is available? Even if you manage to get a UPS from BT it will be of no use in the event of a cable fault to your property, or a wider network outage.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Unless you are deemed as vulnerable by BT, then you are unlikely to get a free UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply).

If you have more than one mains powered device, like the SH2 and a DECT phone system, then a mains (240V) UPS is a better option provided the devices are co-located. Their price is similar to what BT are charging for just the SH2 UPS.  

There are more involved options which would give a longer backup duration.

0 Ratings