Message 1 of 3

DV Phones

Go to solution

I needed to ring BT as my house phone wasn't ringing -  I never dial out so I didn't know I had a fault.  We have a Start Hub 2 with DV (Analogue was disconnected) and we have Full Fibre 500 Halo 3.

We have the router sited on the first floor where the fibre was fitted.  It has always been in the Study on the first floor as we have a roof conversion and my son works from home now 4 days a week.  The router is therefore central in the house.  We had old BT remote phones around the house and the main answerphone that was plugged into the old analogue socket downstairs where we like the main main sited.  When we were switched to DV we were told that the main needed to be plugged into the green hub socket.  After telling BT that this wasn't an option we were sent a sender which was paired to the hub via WPS.  All worked fine.  The faulty phone problem was corrected when the pairing had failed and needed resetting.  That's another story as a visit by BT a week earlier had a hub factory reset performed due to wi-fi speed issues and this knocked out the phone connection - they should have known better!

During the recent phone call about the phone issue I was told that they were sending me two free DV phones to improve things?  These duly arrived and I followed the instructions pressed the WPS hub button.  This totally knocked out the broadband and the polling light on the OpenReach white box went out. The pairing to the Main hall phone stopped working.  For now I haven't bothered with the pair of new phones as I cannot see the point of them being sent in the first place or am I doing something wrong?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: DV Phones

Go to solution

did you read the FAQ which may help

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

to pair your new phones try instead of WPS go to hub manager 192.168.1.254 into address bar then assuming your phone number is shown in blue and not greyed out go to number then you should be able to pair your new phones from there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: DV Phones

Go to solution

Thanks for your answer - They now function as they should without crashng my router using the WPS method.  One has to ask why those instructions were not in the leaflet supplied with the phones.

0 Ratings