cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: DV equipment

Go to solution

Notwithstanding the difficulties in obtaining the handsets, I fail to see what all the fuss is about with Digital Voice. The only difference between DV and current cordless phone systems is that DV no longer needs a separate base station plugged into a phone socket as the Hub is  now the base station.

If customers wish to retain their current cordless system rather than use the DV handsets, the base station is simply plugged into the hub rather than a phone socket.

Any customers wishing to use a corded phone can also simply plug the phone into the socket on the hub. If multiple extensions are required, this can be achieved by simply re-arranging existing wiring. Extension wiring within a premises has been the responsibility of the customer for a long time now. Openreach's responsibility ends at the master socket.

Message 12 of 29

Go to solution
It took a week or so before my number became recognised on the bt/dvequipment link.

Keep trying every few days.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks to everyone i rang BT again today got straight through and they are sending me digital phones so i am ready when they change over.

Message 14 of 29

Go to solution

I got the "not eligible" response many are getting from bt.com/DVequipment so texted HANDSET to the number given. I have now been informed an essential phone single pack has been dispatched. As far as I understood the choice was a single advanced or a double essential pack. Having been given no choice in the matter it'll be interesting to see what turns up. This makes BT look like a very chaotic operation. No doubt just teething trouble for this 41 year old company though so we shouldn't be too hard on them.

Message 15 of 29

Go to solution

.... and they've sent a single solitary essentials phone. Great!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Go to solution

You can try phoning CS 150 and see if you can persuade then to send an additional phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 17 of 29

Go to solution

Yes, did that on the 5th thanks and they said they'd send an advanced handset. The order has been stuck on "Awaiting dispatch -delayed" and "Estimated delivery date: 5th November" ever since.
If I click on the suggested FAQ "When will my equipment arrive" the link goes to a 404 error page.
Meanwhile I was sent a letter suggesting that since my broadband contract was coming to an end I could renew or take up another offer by visiting a webpage. I go there and it throws me out because there's an unfulfilled order (the handset) in progress and it can't show me any offers. 
"Clear Voice"? More like "Silent Scream".

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Go to solution

try online chat

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 19 of 29

Go to solution
I received an Essentials Handset within 48 hours of texting them. I have prior experience of unfulfilled orders blocking new orders and suggest cancelling the phone order and starting again. Perhaps the impending end of minimum contract term is affecting the handset order.
Message 20 of 29

Go to solution

Did that thanks, they confirmed it should have been delivered the same day it was ordered (somehow) but wasn't due to an error. I asked what the error was and was told it was out of stock, so presumably very few people will be getting one just now. They expected things to resolve in 7 days which sounds like a made up number but who knows? 
Tom: I'll leave the order in place for a bit in case it resolves, I don't want to give them anything else to confuse them!