cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: DV equipment

Go to solution

@Tom20001wrote:
 Perhaps the impending end of minimum contract term is affecting the handset order.

No, that won't factor into the order process.

Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

Thank you for the detailed explanation.   But to conclude the matter , I am now receiving a poorer quality of service from BT unfortunately at the same expense, a reduction in service should be reflected by a reduction in cost. 

1. Since DV our household phones have been reduced from 4 to 3. We had a landline in a bedroom which worked during power cuts (of which we have had quite a few of late) and voice clarity was always good. That phone provided peace of mind, I do not have to elaborate how much that meant. 

2.  Since DV both my wife and I have noticed occasional hiss during conversation, and occasionally echoes of speech during conversation.

3. Since we already had a BT smart hub 2, why oh why did BT send us another BT smarthub 2,  (it is identical to the one we have) it and its contents sit on the floor in the spare room, such a waste of time/expense by BT, the words right hand and left hand spring to mind.  If I was a BT shareholder I would be complaining vociferously about this level of incompetence  and unnecessary expense.    

Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65 wrote:

If I was a BT shareholder I would be complaining vociferously about this level of incompetence  and unnecessary expense.    

I would imagine the beancounters have done their sums and come to the conclusion that it is cheaper to automatically send out an unwanted 5 bob router than pay staff to decide if one is needed or not.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65wrote:

Since we already had a BT smart hub 2, why oh why did BT send us another BT smarthub 2,  (it is identical to the one we have) it and its contents sit on the floor in the spare room, such a waste of time/expense by BT, the words right hand and left hand spring to mind.  If I was a BT shareholder I would be complaining vociferously about this level of incompetence  and unnecessary expense.    

Most likely the original Smart Hub 2 was sent incorrectly and not listed against the BB promotion, if it was raised correctly the system will know you have one to save sending duplicates.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply to my complaint number 3, but I would welcome your comment re my complaints numbers 1 and 2, because at the end of the day we are left with an inferior service to what we had prior to DV.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Do you have FTTP (full fibre) or is your broadband still delivered by copper?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

I apologise in advance for being unable to answer your query, I can advise that a white cable comes into our hall from outside, this cable connects to an openreach box (with two sockets) on the wall in the hall. The top socket has a black cable with a grey connection going into the broadband socket on our Fibre two  smart hub router/modem?

Since the advent of DV we have followed the advice from BT and  disconnected it from the openreach box and plugged the cable into the green socket at the back of the fibre two smart hub. This has resulted in the following;

We have recently (yesterday and today) discovered from family members and friends that messages they have left over last two days have not been recorded, so we have this morning conducted tests with family asking them to ring and leave test message, this they have done but no voice message has been left on our BT 8600telephone answering machine in the hall, (one of our 3 cordless phones in our home).  So, since DV we have also lost the recording facility on our BT 8600 system.  Yet another reduction in quality of service since the advent of DV!

I would welcome your thoughts on this loss of recorded messaging facility as well as the other points I have raised. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

@JohnMutley_65  Digital Voice comes with free 1571, could your messages be on that ? it might kick in before your house phones but it's optional and can be removed if that's the case.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

try dialing 1571 and see if message left

you need to go to MYBT then products/manage/digital voice/manage/voice mail - then select number of rings long - 10 rings

now set your 8600 to answer in a lesser number of rings so that intercepts the call before 1571

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings