cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Damaged phone cable by third party

Hi,

I volunteer at or local football club and today i was called out by our alarm company and found our phone line was out of service. Upon further investigation i found that our cable which passes through someone else's land has been damaged while they were clearing the ground to build a new car park. I have tried to call through to report it on the 0800 number but i was on hold for ages and had to give up. The issue we have is that we don't know who the account holder is as so many people have come and gone over the years, so is there any way we can report it and get someone to visit and fix our line without these details? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

PM

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Damaged phone cable by third party

Do you know if the line rental is paid to BT RETAIL or some other Provider?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

The bills are from BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Do you know if it is a residential or business account?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I think it's residential 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

As you have a copy of the bill, all you can do is to report the fault on 0800 800 151.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@PM75  It does not really matter to you who owns the land where it was damaged as all you need to know is that your phone does not work and report it to BT who should get Openreach to fix it. (assuming you pay BT for the line)

HOWEVER as an aside if / when your line changes to "Digital Voice" (DV) then your alarm may not work and you need to find out in advance from your alarm company what you need to do to keep it working.

0 Ratings