cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Dead Landline

My landline has been dead for well over a month. No dial tone. No calls in or out. I reported the fault and they sent me a wireless internet hub and claimed the problem was fixed. I’m extremely frustrated as I have lifelines connected to the phone which are currently useless how do ictually get through to someone to get this problem fixed? There’s no way of actually contacting anyone at by except through live chat and I’ve really had enough of this 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Dead Landline

@Vallantho 

Welcome to this user forum.

Please can you confirm that you pay BT Retail for your phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Yeah I pay BT for my landline and broadband connection. My broadband is working fine It’s just the phone line that’s dead. And the phones connected to it are all working 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

@Vallantho wrote:

Yeah I pay BT for my landline and broadband connection. My broadband is working fine It’s just the phone line that’s dead. And the phones connected to it are all working 

Do you have BT Digital voice, with your phone plugged into the BT Smart Hub 2, as you mentioned that your phones are working. So what is the problem?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

No it’s plugged into the same old phone line it’s been plugged into the last 40 years. Is it possible I’ve been changed over to digital voice and not been told about it?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

@Vallantho wrote:

No it’s plugged into the same old phone line it’s been plugged into the last 40 years. Is it possible I’ve been changed over to digital voice and not been told about it?

Its not likely, as FTTP users are being migrated first, although some FTTC have also mentioned it.

What date did you report the fact that you had no dial tone, and could not make any calls? Did BT give you an estimated repair date? When was the last time you rang them on 0800 800 151, to tell them the line was still faulty?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

So the person on live chat is telling me it’s because my phone is off the hook. It really isn’t. I have no dial tone at all. Nothing. I can’t make calls or receive them. But my internet works fine 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

@Vallantho wrote:

So the person on live chat is telling me it’s because my phone is off the hook. It really isn’t. I have no dial tone at all. Nothing. I can’t make calls or receive them. But my internet works fine 

What do you get if you ring your home phone number from a mobile?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

I reported the fault some time last week, can’t be sure when. But they gave me a fix date of Friday the 9th. When I go to track faults they say the problem was fixed on the 9th 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

If I dial from my mobile I get a busy tone. You know the long beep beep beep one. I don’t know the technical terms sorry 

0 Ratings