cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice Adapter

Hi - just got Digital Voice working after my line was down for nine days after a failed switch-over.  I've come across an issue I can't solve.  My Adapter pairs fine with the BT Hub, but as soon as I move it to where I need it in the house, it won't connect as  it has to go through an Access Point (Netgear WAC124) as the BT Hub wifi signal doesn't reach there.  Is there a simple way to change the settings in the Access Point which works fine, so the digital voice adapter can connect to the BT Hub?    The Netgear Access Point is wired through a LAN cable to the router.  Much appreciated.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice Adapter

Digital voice doesn't use Wifi, it is DECT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Oh, I see.  Well that explains that. Doh.

So with this digital voice malarky, how do I get phone service in my garden office?  Had a wired telephone point in there but it's too far from the router in the house to get a DECT signal.  The WiFi Access Point there has a LAN cable back to the main BT router in the house.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As dect covers a better distance than wifi have you tried the DV phone in your garden office to see if it works?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings