Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: "BT halts removal of landline phones after vulnerable unable to call 999"

You do not need to use BT hand sets. See links

Digital Voice: Will my existing phone and fax machine still work? | BT Help

Existing Phone

You can continue to use your existing phone by plugging it into the phone port on the back of the Hub. Or you can use one of our adapters, which will let you plug your phone into any standard phone socket.

Well yes, but if you are using your existing phone, you are obviously not going to experience the HD calling - as has been pointed out, it's only as good as the device plugged in to it.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

@RIC9380  You are correct about adapters or DV phones, (one or the other) but they keep very quiet about the phone all the information they sent me only mentioned an adapter.

Speech quality was never an issue for me I was quite happy with it anyway.

Message 23 of 27

Bob1001

I've had DV since 2019 and am very happy with it. I got an Advanced DV phone to start with then somehow (I forget) got 2 DV Essential ones and then a further Advanced handset with Alexa built in. All work perfectly together and the extra features are an added bonus. Just my experience.

I can understand that the recent push of the service may have meant that the new DV phones may be in short supply.

RIC9380
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

They possibly may be in short supply because they've been sent to people who didn't want them. I can't be the only person who after many, many calls, explaining I didn't want DV, just gave up, I even returned the equipment yet still have a DV line, which I'm never going to use, assigned to my account. Hopefully the returned equipment has gone to someone who did want it! You only have to look on a certain auction site to realise there are a lot of unwanted DV phones out there.....
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

We had a letter to say we would be switched over with notice. I rang immediately to say our alarm would need updating and we have an old phone that had no wall plug next to it. They said they would extend  for 12 weeks if the alarm could not be updated in time, but could do nothing about the phone. They said they would ring me again in a few days  after I had spoken to my alarm company., and opened a complaint. They closed the complaint two days later without ringing then updated  to digital at  3.00 am two weeks later notifying by text an hour before, whilst we were asleep! Our Alarm will no longer work and the upgrade which we have to pay for is still two weeks away, the earliest the alarm company can offer...  at our cost. They did nothing about our useless phone so we no longer have that in the hall now either. Useless imcompetent and downright condecending customet care.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

@CaroleL 

did you get a free digital voice phone when changed over to DV?  if not phone CS 150 or 0800800150 from mobile and request new phone.

the phone connects to SH2 using dect similar to other cordless phones and you can place it somewhere in you home that is convenient.  alternatively you can get a free adapter to enable you to connect your existing phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 27

No I was not offered one, and was told that there was nothing they could do about the phone or the enforced spend to update our alarm. Tbh, after speaking at length to customer services who eventually promised a delay in upgrading and a call back, (who then did neither,  ignoring those promises just bulldozing  ahead and updating overnight with one hours notice and without any consideration to disabling our home alarm system)  I do not have the energy to do battle again. 

0 Ratings