cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 33

Re: Digital Voice Change over

Hi Keith,

I just notice the bottom note re UPS, I had considered that option. I would have to keep it elsewhere, and move it and the modem to the ONT, as that will also require power. As I said in a previous post, the engineer refused to place it where the old service was.

Where it is now is very unsightly. To minimize it I ran an Ethernet cable and moved the modem, it was simple enough, a straight run along a wall the into the next room. I had already done all the work, drilled the holes, and even inserted a draw string to make life easy for the engineer.... never mind that is an old story.

It would not be a hardship to move the UPS and modem as and when necessary.

I did actually wonder if I can move the ONT myself, and extend the fiber optic cable, but concluded that anything up to the ONT should not be tampered with.

Thank you for all your advice, it has been useful.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 33

I've been reading this, and other posts in addition to having googled the subject. I'm none the wiser.

A lot of questions relate to 'old' landline phones.

We have FTTC,  and a broadband connection with BT. We want to continue using our landline in the future.

Phone line goes to filter box; socket for ADSL modem goes to modem of course, then phone line socket connects to our 

Panasonic KX-TGD622EB Digital Cordless Telephone Twin DECT.

Will this set up continue to work after the changeover?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 33

the panasonic will continue to work just you will connect the panasonic base to the phone socket on back of SH2 as the phone outlet on master socket will no longer work when changed to DV.  you can get an adapter from BT which you can connect to electric wall socket and it connect to SH2 by dect and you can connect your panasonic to this adapter if back of hub not convenient

another option with bit more effort is described here   https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 33

Thanks for that. I've nearly got it!
However, I don't have a SH2, but a TP link Archer VR 900 AC1900 VDSL/ADSL wireless router. It has no phone socket, nor does my old BT HH5.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 33

To get DV you need to use the SH2 as that is the dect base station  this will be supplied  by BT when you are changed to DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

BT will supply me with a SH2 when they switch over?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 33

Yes otherwise you cannot use DV

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 33

Yes I understand that I cannot use DV without the  SH2, but are you saying that BT will supply me with one, at no extra cost?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 33

Yes

Message 20 of 33

I have BT landline only but I use Vodafone Broadband using BT Openreach fibre to the premises.

The landline is important to me for several uses and the landline only deal with line rental plus and 700 minutes works really well because I get all the calling features I want for free.

I wouldn't know how BT would switch me over to Digital voice because it clearly isn't going to be given to me if I'm using Vodafone Broadband.

Yes Vodafone Broadband does offer voip through the hub but its **bleep** and there are no calling features and no voicemail and this line is for non-work incoming calls only.

Are BT really going to give me a hub with a 500k Broadband connection over the copper line just to offer Digital voice? 

I could just use Vonage but the line quality of the BT copper line is very good.

0 Ratings