cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Digital Voice Change over

@MNroshandel1 

BT Openreach do not exist, its simply Openreach. The copper line is provided by Openreach.

In your case it would have to be Vodaphone that would provide the terminal end for your phone service. The Openreach route would still be used, and if you are paying BT Retail for your calls package, that could stay the same.

How Vodaphone would do that, I would not know, but why not ask on their forum?

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

They may have to bring out a different router, or just stick to VOIP.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

@MNroshandel1 

You may be better moving all your services over to BT Retail, so you can retain your existing calling plans.

Message 23 of 33

So you have FTTP provided by Vodafone using Openreaches, Not ‘BT Openreach’ FTTP Network and a Metallic Path Voice Line Provided by BT Consumer?

If the Metallic Path is provided by BT Consumer and you wish to continue using that then yes, at the point of switchover you would have to be provided with a secondary DSL Circuit to Provide Digital Voice, which will either be an FTTC or FTTP Service.

Message 24 of 33

You don’t need adapters for every phone, you possibly don’t need an adapter at all. You just need to plug the cable that currently goes into your master socket into the back of the Smart Hub. If the cable doesn’t reach buy a length of extension cable (I needed 3m of extension). I got the free adapter before I knew what I was doing an I now regret it as it is not needed.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

OK thanks
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

Thanks, at some point I think I will just move everything to BT to make things simpler.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 33

I have some spare cords that I can use to make a connecting cord.

Does the connecting cord have a reversal in it or is it straight as in pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2 etc?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

It doesn't matter, phones aren't polarity conscious

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

I've also been confused about what the difference is between some people who plug their phones into the FTTP box on the wall and normal copper PSTN line sockets and I'm guessing Digital voice is plugged into the Broadband hub/router.

So will those who connect their phones directly into the FTTP box on the wall have to upgrade too? Is it VoiP or not as some new builds were only provided with this.

In my property they installed the FTTP box and a separate standard master socket for the phone, originally both was with BT, however the FTTP broadband was moved to Vodafone some time ago.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

All phones whichever ISP who use openreach will be switched to VOIP by 2025. If BT this is provided currently using the SH2 as a dect base station so any phone connections to the ONT or master socket will no longer work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.