Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Digital Voice Changeover - I don't have a Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi Every one

A simple question but i can't find an answer

I have a Smart Hub 5 which does not havethe necessary coonection for Digital Voice

I wish to continue using my phone

So will BT provide me with a Smart Hub 2??

Regards

Edward

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Digital Voice Changeover - I don't have a Smart Hub 2

Go to solution
Yes
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @efelstead   The simple answer is Yes. It is impossible to have BT Digital Voice without a Smart Hub 2 (or it's successor)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you Thats a relief
Further question please
Can i plug my existing phone base into the Smart Hub 2 so I can continue to use my existing wireless phones scattered around the house
Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

you can connect your existing base to the socket on back of hub and your cordless phones will work just as they do now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you

Much appreciated

Saved me lots of anxious days

Regards Edward

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query

Regards

Edward

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Will the OP actually need to plug their existing DECT cordless base station in to the SmartHub2?

I thought that the SH2 will also act as a DECT base station itself when using Digital Voice?

Isn't that how the DV cordless handsets that BT are supplying work - directly to the SH2, with no other equipment to plug in?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I think the problem is that although the SH2 is a DECT base station it is BT's version of DECT and not compatible with other handsets.

I haven't actually tried pairing my Panasonic handsets to my hub rather than their base station yet to see if they work. Must get round to doing that.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

@Paul608085 

@efelstead wants to use his existing base unit and phones and they way to do that is to connect existing base to the socket on back of SH2. That way he will retain the functionality of the existing base and phones

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.