cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Digital Voice Costs over VOIP Provider

Hi,

I have been looking into VOIP as the cost of a landline for the use I make of it is too much. Reading up on Digital Voice, BT are charging the same for it as a landline and broadband?

As this is being phased in for all I may as well move to a VOIP provider now and save some money.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Digital Voice Costs over VOIP Provider

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Make sure you are not confusing line rental charges which will obviously still be payable as broadband still requires a physical line and landline and call charges. Line rental is now incorporated into all broadband packages and not charged separately.

Message 4 of 9

I can see that, although at the moment the deals I see for broadband only are cheaper than broadband and voice. From what I have read Digital Voice when it roll out to me will be at the same cost of boardand and voice, plus call charges like landline call amounts?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Costs are exactly the same for analogue voice or digital voice. There is a slight reduction for broadband only without voice, maximum of £5/m

Message 6 of 9

Thanks, but that is kind of the point I'm making Digital Voice is essentially the same as a service from another VOIP provider. Call charges should be less on VOIP not the same as analog.

I have continued with BT for voice till now as I have an old included calls package that you can't get now, when Digital Voice rolls out to me I guess that will not apply as I have not seen anything regarding call packages on Digital Voice?

Thanks for your replies.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

The other advantage of using a third party VoIP provider is that you aren't forced to use the BT hub as you are with DV.

Message 8 of 9

@ChrisB66 wrote:

I have continued with BT for voice till now as I have an old included calls package that you can't get now, when Digital Voice rolls out to me I guess that will not apply as I have not seen anything regarding call packages on Digital Voice?

A legacy deal shouldn't be a problem with DV. I have one too, and had no trouble retaining it when recontracting with DV.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 9 of 9

I use Sipgate as my  VOIP provider, no ongoing charges, call charges are PAYG so is great for incoming calls, I never use it for outgoing so the £10 I put on the account over 5 years ago is more or less still there.

I've got an analogue Terminal adaptor plugged into the router, the output is fed into my small internal phone system. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.