cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Digital Voice Handset

Go to solution

Hi

First and foremost, I am sorry if I have posted this query on the wrong board.

I have been informed that my phone line is being upgraded to Digital Voice. I am under the impression that I will be entitled to a free handset, is this correct?

I received a letter from you that stated the following in regards to the handset...

"If you have not ordered it yet please do so now ..Text ADAPTOR or HANDSET to 61998 or visit bt.com/DVequipment.''

I have texted the number and visited the website but nothing happens when I send the text. When visiting the website I am asked to enter my landline phone number but it then says that I am not eligible for this offer.

Could somebody help me with this, please? I am not willing to pay for a new phone when I did not choose to upgrade to the Digital Voice service. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Digital Voice Handset

Go to solution

@OAyers87 

You can still use your existing phone. It will just plug into the socket on the back of the Smart Hub 2, and work as it did before.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I am aware of this but would ideally like a new handset if I am entitled to one. It mentions in the literature that I have received that the handset and adaptor should be free. 

I am also not keen on having my handset next to my hub as they are in completely different rooms at the moment. 

Thanks once again. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

you should be able to phone CS 150 and request either a free phone or DV adapter not both

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.