cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Digital Voice Issue - Engage tone

Go to solution

We were converted over to digital voice in Oct 2021,  no issues encountered and I have turned off both Call waiting and Voice messaging as these are not required.

1. The problem is if we are using the landline and a 3rd party tries to call our number, instead of them receiving engaged tone they receive ringing tone. 
  2. If my initial call  on the land line ends and the 3rd party had started calling before then, they will still continue receiving ringing tone and  my line land will not ring (to indicating that there's a new incoming call).

The bigger issue behind this is, people will give up calling  because they will think that there is no one there.

I have reported this as a fault in early November and so far had no reply at all from BT.

Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Digital Voice Issue - Engage tone

Go to solution

this is not a fault as you actually have 2 phone lines with DV so you can make or receive 2 call at the same time

if this is causing you a problems go to DV phone then phone settings then line settings then call settings and change multi to single and that will fix your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Hi
Many thanks you for your reply, for us that is not going to work as we opted for the BT digital Voice adaptor and keeping our existing BT cordless phones (BT XD56). This phone does not have these options.

We were not informed that our current cordless phones would not be fully compliant with the new service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

You could try phoning CS 150 and see if you can get them to send you a essential DV phone  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Again thanks, yes this might be option.

Regards
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Thank you for your response, I contacted BT CS and they have agreed to send a DV phone free of charge.

Top man!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

As at Jan 2022 I have been switched over to BT Digital.  My friends and family notified to me that there is no engaged tone when they call me and especially when I am using the phone.

Called BT, didn't get any help and tried to fob me off!! Really, honest truth.

I said this is not good enough and not acceptable, the lady on the phone went away and came and said they will send me a free digital phone which should fix this, that's all she said! Received phone, still same problem! Googled problem and came upon this post which has helped me. There are no instructions anywhere to fix this problem. You can't even change this on your BT Account under digital voice. You have to go in to the digital phone Menu/Phone Settings/Line Settings/Call Settings and Call Mode should be Single call and not Multi Call. This will restore the engaged busy tone.

The thing is, you need a digital phone to enable this.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi

We also had this problem and it was resolved by setting the new DV HD phone to a singe line and not multiple (default setting).

You need to do this on all of your DV phones, information for this is in the guide page 25 (Call Mode).

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/digital-voice/advanced-phone/BT-Advanced-Digital-Home-Phone-U...

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
Yes, I agree, but it does not state that you will stop receiving engaged tone when multi call is selected.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I agree.

What tone did the caller get if any?

0 Ratings