cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: Digital Voice Issue

Go to solution

I too got DV but Voicemail was forced on me.  I also no longer get a usable caller display - I just get "out of area" for most incoming mobiles etc.

I cancelled Voicemail service by ordering, but then I had a remnant interrupted dialtone (and icon on my Panasonic phone) suggesting I have a message.   I then decided to re-order Voicemail service and then the interrupted dialtone was erased. I also set the number of rings to High so that effectively it does not kick in before my own mechanical answer machine.

15710 does NOT switch off Voicemail - there does not appear to be an option to do that, other than a permanent cancelling of the service.

I still don't have a solution to the lack of Caller Display.

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm no expert in these matters, but I've not had a problem with caller id. Of course, you don't get caller identity from withhelds, call boxes, switchboards, non-BT system etc.  Make sure you have Caller Id set as one of your (free) services. Other than that, and if you still have a problem, I can only assume it's some issue with DV and your Panasonic - I have a BT phone. Maybe someone else in the community can help you.

Best of luck

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

Does caller id work on the bt digital phone as  old be a problem with your older Panasonic and DV/VOIP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

DV and Caller ID

Before the upgrade caller ID would show normal geographic numbers and my own mobile number. Since DV the same numbers now show "out of Area".  Effectively all numbers are being regarded as international.   BT support don't know what it means - that suggests to me this is a new DV bug.

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

But do you have a DV phone supplied by BT and if so does that show caller ID  suggesting the problem is the Panasonic and VOIP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution

I doubt it is the Panasonic, it worked fine before and crucially it reads something (out of area) but not the number.   

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

Sorry but if you received a DV phone from BT does that show caller ID   just because your Panasonic worked before DV does not mean if will work now as there is a SH2 acting as the dect base station and then your Panasonic which is so a dect base station  and this could be causing problems

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

To be clear. I did not get a new BT phone.  DV was forced upon me - no choice, the landline will cease unless I plug in my old phone to the router.  In the process the Voicemail was enabled without my say so and caller ID no longer works.  It is not my kit at fault. 

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

I am using my 4 old DECT Panasonic phones through a DVA and caller ID seems to be working OK so far.

My base Panasonic with answer machine is downstairs plugged into the DVA, near a WiFi disc. The other 3 phones are scattered throughout the house. The SH2 is upstairs.

I've had DV probably about 4 weeks now, so far so good.

Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

Thanks. So that supports my point that my DV is not configured correctly by BR. 

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings