cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 8

Digital Voice Issues

Go to solution

I have BT8600 base with 2 handsets +  desk business landline unit & on the Digital Voice service but have issue. As my router + desk phone are in one room  & the Base 8600 in another I'm getting a weird problem. Incoming call rings both base & handsets ok but before being able to pickup & answer either wireless handsets they both go into a  "reboot" so you cannot pick up the call & it drops into answer machine service. These units are only 2yr old, I've replaced the batteries & both handsets are fully charged. Before no issues now its frustration. Anybody got a clue as to any fix. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8

Re: Problems encountered with advent of Digital Voice

Go to solution

Hi, I have same BT8600 & on the Digital Voice service but have different issue. As my router & the Base 8600 are in seperate rooms I'm getting a weird problem. Incoming call rings both base & handsets ok but before being able to pickup & answer the handsets "reboot" so you cannot pick up the call & it drops into answer machine service. These units are only 2yr old, I've replaced the batteries & both handsets are fully charged. Before no issues now its frustration. The "supplied"  digital single handset has poor functionality for call blocking, screening calls, has no way of creating groups or stored messaging. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Digital Voice Issues

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Re: Problems encountered with advent of Digital Voice

Go to solution

I've merged your messages because posting the same issue on more than one thread is likely to cause confusion.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Are you a business user?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Not now but still have need to use business systems on a ad-hoc basis, including fax
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Update : Having tried various configurations in the way I had the phones connected to no avail I looked at what services we had been configured for.  One service that seemed to be added that I was not aware of being active was the 1571 service. In the past (prior to digital voice) we had no need for this as the BT 8600 was more than capable, in fact offers much more functionality. I managed to get thro' to a person, I know that is unusual but finally got the service removed. This folks is the problem if you run your own caller  answer / call blocking machine with the 1571 service active. Once 1571 service removed, all issuses have gone away. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, 1571 is not "opt-in" with Digital Voice - it's there by default. Presumably BT think that, because it's free with Digital Voice, everyone will want it!

I'm glad to hear that 1571 can be removed from one's Digital Voice line, even if it means phoning up Customer Services to get it done (seemingly it's not possible through MyBT). I don't want it either, it's just an added complication. If I'm not in, people can get me on the mobile (and Call Diversion is also free with Digital Voice).

Tags (1)
0 Ratings