cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Digital Voice Issues

Hi. My phone is rather old..... (10 Years +). Since having been changed over to Digital Voice, I can't text and, my answerphone doesn't work any more. Am I to assume I need a more up to date phone or, are answering machines now obsolete?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Digital Voice Issues

When you were changed to Digital Voice, you should have been supplied with either one advanced or two basic DV handsets.

With DV, you automatically are subscribed to 1571 answering service. If you wish your answering machine to take the calls, you not to configure it to answer after fewer rings than 1571.

No idea about DV and text.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

If you've been switched over to digital voice then your copper circuit will now be dead.

If you have the Smarthub 2 router then you can remove the tape from the back of that and plug your answering system into the socket behind it

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I assume the OP has already done that as there is no mention of inability to make and receive calls.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Billy_227 Thanks for your post. The answering machine on your phone should still work and the advice already provided to reduce the rings or disable BT 1571 should enable your answering machine to pick up calls again. You can disable it by logging into My BT > Or you can log in using the My BT app and click the Manage Digital Voice section.

Unfortunately, digital voice is not compatible with BT Text so you won't be able to send messages anymore but you can still receive them as voice messages.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings