cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Digital Voice - Lost my phone number on transfer

Go to solution

Number now ported.

The BT team kept at it; I get the impression the "workflow" was something new but hopefully it will be established for future people who move to DV from another provider OR BT copper.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

As its purely a core network routing task, and no longer involves the local exchange equipment, it should be easy, once the new process is understood.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

" it should be easy, once the new process is understood."  

That implies that they have a process rather than a huddle of confused ants in Camp 3.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@dqj999 wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe 

" it should be easy, once the new process is understood."  

That implies that they have a process rather than a huddle of confused ants in Camp 3.

There is a lot of inertia within BT, as those of us here, who have worked for them in the past, would understand 😉

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Ditto, I just got my number back after BT kept telling me for 8 months that it couldn't be done. It CAN be done so just keep insisting and have a look at your original order. My contract said I would get my number transferred and maybe yours does too.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Richard,

Did you have any success with activating call divert?

I have been through the same problems here;  switched to DV, my old landline number was not retained, BT eventually renamed new number back to old number, now call divert is showing as 'activate' in MY BT. Clicking on activate generates an order number but nothing more.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Call divert to a mobile is invaluable, as the digital phone must be positioned near the router.

Regards,

Sean.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution
Hi Sean.
Call Divert is now set to route all incoming calls (to my DV line) to my mobile phone if not answered after 15 seconds. From memory, once CS had activated it on the line I was able to set everything up using My BT.
Cheers,
RIC9380

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Thank you for the update. I have raised a fault with CS.