cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Digital Voice - Not Configured On Hub

Digital Voice has been working since installed a few months ago but have now had two issues.

1) I powered off the ONT to simulate a broadband failure so I could check Hybrid Connect kicked in correctly.  It all switched quickly and was working, apart from Digital Voice which wasn't available, I assumed this might be the case when the broadband was connected via Hybrid Connect. Maybe someone can confirm what should happen to Digital Voice when on 4G. 

When it all switched back to fibre Digital Voice never recovered and the Smart Hub was showing it as Unconfigured.   I rebooted the Smart Hub a few times and it made no difference, so I also powered it down and restarted it, but again no Digital Voice.

I then began to go through the fault finder online and some way through this process I saw a message that Digital Voice wasn't active on my account and that it was being re-ordered.  10-15 minutes later it was back up and running.

2) Today Digital Voice is down again and looking at the Smart Hub there was new firmware loaded yesterday and it rebooted, presumably to install it,  this morning.  Same issue as before, Smart Hub says Digital Voice is not configured, and only the online fault finder seems to kick it back into life...

Is this an issue with the Digital Voice order on my account in that the service doesn't stick when either the broadband goes down and recovers, or is it in issue on the Hub itself?

Has anyone seen something similar?

When we've stopped using broadband for the day I am going to try a few tests and see if I can work out exactly what the scenario is that drops DV off the account. 

I believe the fibre team are looking at the issue but may escalate if I can get to the bottom of it.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Digital Voice - Not Configured On Hub

Have had this same issue 3 further times now and it occurs when the Smart Hub loses power. It powers back up as normal but Digital Voice becomes unconfigured. The last few times the auto fault finding on the website has "re-ordered" DV and it recovers.

Is this a Smart Hub issue or the way DV is configured on my account?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Digital Voice - Not Configured On Hub

I have had DV for about 18 months and never had your problem even after firmware updates or power cuts so more likely an account problem .  Probably why it fixes itself 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.